Monday, August 29, 2011

I love...dream-dating celebrities.

Everyone's talking about the news of Beyonce & Jay-Z expecting their first child, which was revealed on last night's MTV Video Music Awards. An exciting announcement for the couple, though when I heard the news I couldn't help but think of several years back when Jay-Z and I dated...in my dreams.

Yep, Jay-Z somehow made his way onto the list of celebrities that I have dream-dated.
Here's our story:
We were a serious item in this particular dream. He came over to my house to watch a movie, but then took a call on his cell and when he hung up he told me that Mariah Carey was coming over to watch the movie with us. I was annoyed at this addition to our date night, but decided to stay calm and go with it. Then Mariah showed up and Jay-Z sat next to her during the movie, instead of next to me! Can you believe it?! Needless to say, Jay-Z and I haven't been on dreaming terms since.

But life (err, dreaming) goes on! I had a few other brief and random dream-romances, including:

50 Cent
50 and I had an "on again, off again" thing. It all started when his song "Just a lil' bit" was really popular. In my dream he kept telling me to do random, day-to-day things "just a lil' bit". For example: "Close the window just a lil' bit ... a lil' bit more ... a lil' bit more" or "Move that chair just a lil' bit". I got so frustrated that we had our first dream-fight when I told him: "50, I'm getting really annoyed, just tell me what the end result is supposed to be here! Window up, window closed? Chair over here, chair over there?"
We met up again at a movie theater a few dreams later, but it was too late because at that point I was out on a date with my new guy...Nick Lachey.

Nick Lachey
Nick and I went to see a movie together. We shared some popcorn, then we held hands and he walked me to my car. Umm...that was pretty much it. Our dream-relationship didn't last very long. It wasn't him, it was me...or maybe it was him...or maybe it was my alarm clock.

Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I last dream-dated a celebrity. I think I'm due for a new one. Fingers crossed for a dream-date with Justin Timberlake or Ryan Gosling sometime soon!
Actually, what time is it? 8:01 p.m.?
That's not too early to go to sleep, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment